All right you made it to the last lesson in the chapter. In this section you’re going to learn how to master how to add and subtract fractions. Many students find adding and subtracting fractions difficult but don’t worry as long as you watched the fraction lessons in order you will find it easy!
Things to focus on in this lesson:
• The steps to add or subtract fractions when the denominators are the same
• How to find the LCD
• How to change a fraction such that it contains the LCD
• The steps to add or subtract fractions when the denominators are different
Chapter 1 Lesson 4
Adding and Subtracting Fractions
Do you have goals? Study after study show that successful people have written goals. Think about what you want and a plan to get it- then write it down and take action…..your life will change for the positive in a huge way!
|Congratulations you finished lesson 4 and chapter 1. Mastering fraction skills are so important to your success on the GED. At this point in the course here are a few things you should be able to:
* reduce/ simplify a fraction
* find the LCD/LCM
* multiply and divide fractions
* add and subtract fractionsOk get ready for your next chapter
Section Practice Problems Below: