Welcome to lesson 2 we will be learning about variables. It’s critical that you understand what a variable is and the good news it’s really easy. Of course algebra scares a lot of students because of all the notation involving x’s, y’s, z’s and other fancy expressions. But before you panic all these symbols represent numbers so if you can handle working with numbers you can work with variables.
Things to focus on in this lesson:
• the definition of a variable
• how we write and perform operations with variables
• what it means to “evaluate” a variable expression
Chapter 3 Lesson 2
do the habits you have develop more success in your life? if not identify the poor habits you have and start to replace them with better habits…
|Ok you finished lesson 2. I hope you enjoyed the topic. Here are some things you should be able to do:
* define what a variable represents
* know how to write basic variable expressions
* evaluate a variable expression with a numberLet’s keep building your math skills up by looking at an extremely important topic.
Section Practice Problems Below: