Welcome to lesson 2 on equations. I can’t stress how important this lesson is to your ability to solve equations. Most certainly basic equations will be on the GED exam as equations are central to basic high school level math. The concepts are not difficult however this lesson is the start of a lot of procedures you will learn about equations- you will need a good memory and good notes to stay on track. As in all chapters do not proceed to the next lesson until you really understand these new skills.
Things to focus on in this lesson:
• what a one step equations is
• what an inverse operation is
• the steps to solve various one step equations using inverse operations
• the importance of neatness in mathematics
Chapter 5 Lesson 2
One Step Equations
do you make a lot of mistakes? that’s good because it shows you’re taking action and it’s only through action can we reach our goals
|Nice work you finished lesson 2 on equations. Here are some things you should be able to do:
* solve a one step equation
* have a clear understanding of inverse operations
* be able to show all your work in a neat manner
Now that you mastered one step equations it’s time to build up your skills by learning two step equations.