Ok welcome to lesson 2 on fractions. In this lesson we are going to learn how to find the LCM (Least Common Multiple) and the LCD (Least Common Multiple) of fractions. You need to learn how to find the LCM/LCD because it’s part of what your have to do to add and subtract fractions- very important GED math skills!
Things to focus on in this lesson:
• Why do we need the LCD/LCM?
• What are factors and prime factors?
• What are common factors?
• What is the exact procedure to find the LCM/LCD
Chapter 1 Lesson 2
Fractions Finding The LCM/LCD
never give up! remember nothing good in life usually comes easy- you can do this!
Great you finished lesson 2! you should be able to:
* reduce a fraction
* change a mixed fraction to an improper fraction
* convert a fraction into a decimal
* find the LCD/LCM of a fraction
Ok let’s keep the learning going by having you start on lesson 3