Hello welcome to lesson 3 on fractions. We are going to get you to master multiplying and dividing fractions. Just to be clear you don’t need to find the LCD when multiplying and dividing fractions- it’s actually really easy. Also another key concept you will learn is that dividing fractions is really just a multiplying fractions problem so if you can multiple fractions you can divide fractions.
Things to focus on in this lesson:
• The steps to multiply fractions
• How to change a division problem into a multiplication problem
• Reducing/simplifying all your solutions
Chapter 1 Lesson 3
Multiplying And Dividing Fractions
fact: those that have a GED/High School diploma will on average make much more money in their lifetime than those that never finished their high school education
|Great you finished lesson 3!
You should be able to:* understand the steps to multiply fractions
* know how to change a division problem into a multiplication problem
* understand how to change a mixed fraction problem into an improper fractions problem
* reduce all final solutionsOk let’s get this chapter finished by moving onto lesson 4
Lesson 4: Adding and Subtracting Fractions