GET READY TO PASS GED MATH!
Start Learning Now With Our FREE Online GED Math Course.
Amazing video tutorials for every lesson!!
GED Math Chapter 11: Geometry Lesson 3
Welcome to lesson 3 on surface area. This lesson is very similar to the previous lesson so make sure you understand how to find the area of basic figures before jumping into this lesson. Surface area is different than area because it’s focuses on the area “covering” or “wrapping” around an object. Think of surface area as how much wrapping paper you would need to wrap a present.
Things to focus on this lesson:
• what surface area represents
• the formulas to find the surface area of basic figures
• the units of measure for surface area
Chapter 11 Lesson 3
Surface Area of Basic Figures
Not sure about your math skills? No problem use this website to review as much as you need to.
Wonderful you finished lesson 3 on surface area. You should be able to:
- Know how to find the area and circumference of a circle
- Know how to find the area of basic figures
- Know how to find the surface area of basic figures
- Understand area units of measure
OK, let’s go to lesson 4 it’s a lesson on volume- just a special note volume has different units of measure than area.