GET READY TO PASS GED MATH!
Start Learning Now With Our FREE Online GED Math Course.
Amazing video tutorials for every lesson!!
Chapter 6 Lesson 1- Graphing Lines with One Variable
This very important chapter walks the student step-by-step to master how to graph linear equations. Concepts involving the coordinate plane slope and methods to graph lines are thoroughly reviewed and introduced. The second part of the chapter will teach students how to find the equation of a line using various methods and techniques. Lastly students will apply their knowledge of linear equations to finding the best fitting lines, linear models and word problems.
• Graphing Lines with One Variable
• Graphing Lines with Two Variables
• The Slope of a Line
• Slope Intercept Method
• XY Intercept Method
• Finding the Equation of a Line using the y=mx+b method
• Find the Equation of a Line- Point Slope Formula
• Find the Equation of a Line- Given Slope and Point
• Find the Equation of a Line- Given Two Points
• Finding the Best Fitting Line
• Linear Models/Word Problems
OK, this is a rather long chapter with lots of lessons. Remember what we are doing in the course- we are trying to get you to pass the GED math section which will be testing high school level math. There is a good chance that you will not be tested on everyone of these items but you never know- my advice is that you need/should invest the time to learn all of them and don’t skip.
Test taking requires practice and time management…never walk into a test without studying- the results will likely not be good.
So you finished lesson 1. Here are some things you should be able to do:
* define the parts of the corrdinate plan
* graph a one variable line
* plot a (x, y) point on the corrdinate plane
Let’s keep the fun going by starting the next lesson.