Ok welcome to lesson 2 on powers and exponents. In this lesson we will look at negative and zero exponents. Some students get a little confused when first working with negative exponents but just take your time and you will understand the rules. Your ability to work with powers and exponents is critical for algebra and you will need to understand this for the GED as well. As in all lessons review the video as many times as needed until you get it.
Things to focus on in this lesson:
• how we write a negative exponent as a positive exponent
• how we write a positive exponent as a negative exponent
• what the zero power is equal to
Chapter 8 Lesson 2
Negative and Zero Exponents Rules
college is expensive- do you know some of the ways you can pay for school?
|Looking good- you finished lesson 2 on powers and exponents. Here are some things you should be able to do:
* multiply powers
* work with negative exponents
* know what the zero power is equal to
Ok you are doing great only a few more lessons to finish the chapter. Next we will learn how to divide powers