GET READY TO PASS GED MATH!
Start Learning Now With Our FREE Online GED Math Course.
Amazing video tutorials for every lesson!!
GED Math Chapter 9: Percent, Rates, Ratio and Proportions – Lesson 4
OK, welcome to this last lesson in the chapter the topic is simplifying rational expressions. Knowing how to simplify a rational expression is really important in algebra so you want to focus on the skills I’m going to teach. A rational expression is basically a fraction with variables. So simplifying a rational expression can be thought of as “reducing” a fraction with variables.
Things to focus on this lesson:
• what a rational expression is
• how to cancel like factors
Chapter 9 Lesson 4
Simplifying Rational Expressions
Most of the bad things we worry about never happen- focus your energy on taking action and going for your dreams.
Great Job! you finished the entire chapter. Let’s review some of the skills you should have this far into the course:
- Being able to solve equations and inequalities
- Understanding how to graph lines
- Knowing how to work with powers and exponents
- Being able to solve percent problems
- Knowing how to simplify rational expressions
In the next chapter we will start to learn about systems and matrices- key topics in algebra.